The COMSODE kick-off meeting took place on 22nd and 23rd October 2013 at the University of Milano Bicocca – in premises of the Project Coordinator. The consortium met around the table in full strength – EEA Ltd., Addsen Ltd., Spinque BV, Charles University in Prague and the Ministry of Interior of Slovak Republic with these objectives:
- To personally introduce motivations and roles of each partner;
- To enhance the team spirit and start activities;
- To identify project risks and mitigation strategies;
- To clarify individual and collective responsibilities.
The kick-off meeting started with a joint video-call with the Project Officer Mr. Wolfgang Treinen, who clarified expectations of the European Commission. Then the project coordinator, prof. Andrea Maurino, and the project manager, Mr. Miroslav Konečný, introduced main tasks of the project. Next parts were held by Work Package leaders, who explained the most critical parts of the COMSODE project and the timeframe. The utmost attention was paid to system requirements and the user involvement plan.
These results were reached at the kick-off meeting:
- Agreed approach to sensitive and risk issues
- Specific actions for active Work-Package tasks
- Identification of dissemination and exploitation strategies
- Productive and friendly atmosphere in the team