On September 28th 2015, Open Data Node 1.2 was released. This article will introduce new functionality it contains compared to first stable release ODN 1.0 (described in previous article):
Our initial stable release (ODN 1.0) was followed by release 1.1 (on July 9th, 2015) and finally by release 1.2 . In those releases, we added new functionality and many improvements:
- Integration between UnifiedViews and internal catalogue (based on CKAN) was improved and more plug-ins (DPUs) were added to simplify common data publication tasks.
- It is now possible to have LDVMi Linked Data visualization tool installed as part of ODN and add visualizations created with it as dataset resources – useful to showcase Linked Data published with ODN.
- Work-flow in multi-user environments was improved: ODN now works better when multiple organizations share same ODN instance.
- Improved export and import of pipelines allows users to prepare pipelines in dedicated test instances or to share them with other ODN users.
- GUI templates were improved and now also support easier customization, for example by allowing publishers to change the so-called site logo displayed in public catalogue, etc.
- Scalability has been improved for cluster deployments thanks to ability to run ETL pipelines on more than just one server.
Big part of that happened thanks to updated components: UnifiedViews 2.2.0, CKAN 2.3.2 and midPoint 3.2 – bringing in their set of improvements and bug-fixes.
New releases also contain corrections for bugs identified in previous versions. More information about those major releases can be found in ODN news section:
Release 1.2 is the last version of Open Data Node produced by COMSODE project. Further new releases will by supplied by EEA company in continued cooperation with other partners from COMSODE and UnifedViews projects and Open Source community. Future road-map along with information about previous releases is available in ODN Wiki .Social tagging: ckan > midPoint > odn > publication platform > UnifiedViews